What is Well-being Matters?
This inspirational six-week course follows the findings of the NEF Five Ways to Wellbeing: encouraging people to connect, be active, take notice, keep learning and give.
- Well-being Matters is aimed at post 16 learners but is transferable to all ages
- Well-being Matters is unique and person-centered, designed to enable the advancement of personal well-being
- Focuses on positive social change and the effects we can have on the well-being of the person and health of the planet
“The sessions always make me feel very positive and happy.”
Futureworks learner – Pembrokeshire
What happens on the course?
Students explore well being, delivered by passionate people who are experienced teachers and yoga practitioners; qualified in philosophy and social care.
This fun, innovative programme increases physical and mental health, raising self-esteem and confidence. The programme is cross-generational and much time is spent developing transferable skills to enable successful employment experiences, inclusion and aspiration through effective interaction within the community.
Our providers create a safe, healthy and non- judgmental environment to…
- Explore the deeper questions about well-being and the modern world through philosophy
- Nurture confidence in oneself and the world we live in through yoga and well-being
- Connect effectively within the community; understanding well-being is as much a value as it is an economic necessity
- Reawaken creativity through art, music and poetry
- Experience the joys of storytelling and the wonders of creative writing
- Create a deeper understanding of self and an awareness of our greater role in society